Saturday 15 November 2014

The Battle of the Wires Has Been Lost…

But I shall win the War!  This little Goose will live.  Eventually.  Not this year though.  Probably…

I am afraid to say that after wiring everything up, somewhat optimistically, in what I suspected might be the correct order, the moment came to turn the ignition key and fire her up.  That moment was captured forever on video as absolutely nothing happened….oh I did blow a fuse but don’t think that really counts.  I don’t understand this wizard’s magic called electricity and cannot make head nor tail of the rats nest of wiring that has been hacked about by various owners over the past 35 years. 

So this is how the bike looks today and is unlikely to look any different in the coming months…

20141101_091922   

I have two options at the moment…let my brother in law who ‘knows about these things’ have a look and a go with it or it gets shipped off to an electrickery expert.  Both options will require a new loom I think.  So that’s as far as I can go at the moment.  The next job to tackle is shortening the throttle cables due to having clip-ons rather than the raised bars that were originally in place and taking my slightly rough soldered dash LEDs off and putting new ones in that can be properly connected.

One piece of good news is the lovely shiny almost new motorcycle trailer that I got today in preparation for the need to take the bike to an electrician or more likely so someone can bring me home when it stops working miles from civilisation.  Once it starts working of course!

20141115_140401

Once all that is done then it will be the commissioning of a nice leather seat, topping up the fluids, bleeding brakes, ensuring everything is tightened up correctly and then just maybe she might be able to turn a wheel under her own steam.  In Springtime!  Maybe Summer!  Definitely not next Winter…

1 comment:

  1. It will all be worth it in the end. I'm back to my V50 project shortly now that winter is on the way

    ReplyDelete